WHAT’S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Reservations cancelled more than 48-hours prior to the start of the tour are refunded 100%.
- All cancellations within 48-hour period prior to the start of the tour will be charged 50% of the tour rate.
- There is no refund for missing the reserved tour time. However, at our discretion, we may allow you to take a tour, with space available, departing at a later time or date for no additional fee.
- In case of incliment weather, the tour will be canceled. If canceled, we will either refund or reschedule based upon our availability and your preferences.
- You need to check in 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. If you have not checked in prior to 5 minutes before scheduled depareture time, your seat(s) will be sold to someone else. Departures will not be delayed for people who have not shown up. If the seats were sold to someone else, you will be offered a refund. If there is space available on a later departure, you can choose to resschedule. If not, you forfeit your reservation.
WHAT TIME IS IT AT OUR LOCATION?
We operate on Mountain Standard Time which is the same time zone as our local community of Page, AZ. While the rest of the Navajo Nation operates on Mountain Daylight Time, we choose to operate our tour schedules in sync with where most of our guests are staying in Page, AZ. Please visit :https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/phoenix
DO I NEED RESERVATIONS?
Yes. Due to our commitment to small group sizes, it is recommended to have reservation at least a day in advance. However, we'll do our best to accommodate same day bookings. Just give us a call.
CAN I GO TO HORSESHOE BEND SLOT CANYON BY MYSELF?
Unlike the Overlook at Horseshoe Bend, Horseshoe Bend "Slot Canyon" is protected by the Navajo Parks and Recreation and only authorized tour companies can take visitors to the canyon. Safety and preventing vandalism is the main reasons why ll guests are required to have a guided tour.
CAN YOU LEAVE ME IN THE CANYON?
No. In 2003, tour companies were given strict guidelines from the Navajo Parks and Recreation to have a guide present at all times with visitors. There are no self guided hikes in Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon - completely restricted to tours only.
CAN I BRING A BACKPACK?
Yes. Small backpacks (day packs) are permitted. With the canyon being narrow in some sections and with multiple people wearing Large backpacks it not only scratches the canyon walls but can hit other people inside the canyon.
HOW CAN I CARRY MY WATER?
Yes. While we do provide a 16 oz. bottle of water, many guests prefer to drink more. Please bring along whatever you need.
DO YOU TAKE WALK-INS?
Yes. If you are visiting during the off-season (Nov to Feb) your odds are fair. If you are visiting us in-season (Mar to Oct) your odds are tough. There are passenger limits so seats can sell out. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended year-round.
CAN I BRING INFANTS AND YOUNG CHILDREN?
We will be traveling across some bumpy terrain to access the slot canyon. We limit out tours to age 6 years and older for safety reasons.
I AM PREGNANT, CAN I JOIN THE TOUR?
Please follow your doctor's orders. For safety reasons associated with driving thorough some bumpy and rough terrain in order to access the canyon, we highly discourage pregnant women from participating.
WILL I GET SAND ON ME?
It's very likely. We will be traveling through the desert and the canyon floor has a sandy floor - a gust of wind can get dust moving. If you are sensitive to dust you may want to bring a mask/bandanna.
CAN I USE MY TRIPOD?
Tripods can only be used on our Private Photo Tours, but mono-pods are currently allowed on our general tours.
IS THE WALK DIFFICULT?
The walk is a level 1/4 mile in and the same 1/4 mile back out. We compare the walk to a walk on the beach due to the sandy floor - overall very low difficulty.
DO YOU RUN TOURS INTO ANTELOPE CANYON?
No. Our tours are only into Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon as well as the Horseshoe Bend Overlook. Antelope Canyon has different tour operators.
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
We love dogs! However, we generally don't allow them on the tour out of respect of the other guests who may not find them as desirable. Feel free to contact us with special needs or to help you find arrangements for dog sitters in Page, AZ.
ARE THERE LADDERS IN HORSESHOE BEND SLOT CANYON?
The canyon floor in Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon is very level. The short nature walk to the mouth of the canyon has some gradual incline and decline.